Member Page

Enter your Orc.One username.
Enter the password that accompanies your username.

Public View

Today is the last day of the 31-day Character Creation challenge. This time, instead of rolling up a character, I thought I'd report on something I've been working on and off for the past year or so.

Sometime during the last few months of 2019, I became interested in rolling up characters using only 3d6 in order per the original D&D method, just to see what outcomes were to be had. But because I was lazy, or didn't have a whole lot of time on my hands, I decided to conduct the experiment using BASIC running on an emulated Commodore machine.

Screen Shot of a Commodore 64 screen
Casio PB-80 pocket computer

As a distraction from recent events, I've elected to participate in this minor challenge to create new characters—one for each day of January—released a few days at a time. For days seven through 10, I did these characters for Star Frontiers (Cook, TSR Hobbies, et al., 1982), one for each of the four playable character species (human, dralasite, vrusk and yazirian).

 

Star Frontiers, role-playing game

Pages